Department store operator Macy’s Inc. (Cincinnati) announced a series of changes to its senior executive leadership team, effective immediately.
• Thomas Cole is retiring as chief administrative officer after a 41-year career with the company and its predecessor companies. He will remain with the company through May.
• Robert Harrison, previously executive vp for omnichannel strategy, is assuming the newly-created role of chief omnichannel officer. He will oversee managing the development of strategies to closely integrate the company’s stores, online and mobile activities and assume responsibility for systems and technology, logistics and related operating functions.
• Peter Sachse, Macy’s chief stores officer, will assume additional responsibility for store planning, design and construction. The company’s nationwide portfolio of Macy’s stores, as well as the region, district and central stores organization and visual merchandising, continue to report to Sachse.
• William Allen has joined Macy’s as chief human resources officer. Allen previously served as senior vp of AP Moller-Maersk A/S
• Karen Hoguet, Macy’s chief financial officer, will assume additional responsibility for credit and customer services, real estate, non-merchandise purchasing and sustainability.