— Sponsored Content —
Tony Award-nominated Sound Designer Nevin Steinberg has created exceptional experiences for audiences of the Broadway shows “Hamilton,” “Avenue Q” and Monty Python's “Spamalot.” On June 13, he will join a lineup of stellar storytellers at the first-ever TIDE conference (Technology. Innovation. Design. Experience.) at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Orlando, Fla.
TIDE is produced by InfoComm International, the trade association for the audiovisual industry, and the organizer of the InfoComm trade show, June 14-16, at Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center.
TIDE is a thought-leadership event examining the strategic impact of audiovisual technology. Created for design professionals, the TIDE conference will explore the role AV plays in crafting stories, including how designers can harness the power of storytelling to meet business objectives.
Keynote speakers include Matthew Luhn, one of the original story creators at Pixar Animation Studios, and virtual-reality pioneer Nonny de la Peña, considered "The Godmother of Virtual Reality" by Engadget and The Guardian. TIDE's breakout sessions and panel discussions will show attendees how storytelling can help build brands. Current TIDE presenters include:
• Jake Barton, Founder and CEO of Local Projects and Creative Director for interactive exhibits at the 9/11 Memorial Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and more
• Jason Crusan, Director of Advanced Exploration Systems at NASA
• Healey Cypher, CEO and Co-Founder of Oak Labs
• Nonny de la Peña, CEO of Emblematic Group and Virtual Reality Pioneer
• Cedric Gamelin, Senior Director of Emblematic Group
• Eric Grossman, Chief Operating Officer of TAIT
• Gabe Kean, Founder and Creative Director of Belle & Wissell, Co.
• Matthew Luhn, Pixar Animation Studios
• Jens Oliver Mayer, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Germany, for Jack Morton Worldwide
• Barry Ross Rinehart, Creative Executive Director of MIG
• Alexandre Simionescu, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Float4
• Robert Smith, Director of Classroom Innovation at Stanford University
• Nevin Steinberg, Sound Designer for Hamilton
• Jonathan Yomayuza, VR Technical Director of Emblematic Group
Session topics will offer a variety of perspectives for creative professionals. In addition to his keynote, "Storytelling for Business," Matthew Luhn, whose story credits include “Toy Story,” “Toy Story 2,” “Toy Story 3,” “Monsters Inc.,” “Monsters University,” “Finding Nemo,” “UP,” “Cars,” and “Ratatouille,” will lead a workshop session titled "Crafting the Story of Your Business."
Jake Barton's Local Projects was cited by Fast Company as a leader in innovative design, and his moving TED Talk "The Museum of You" gave a first glimpse into the 9/11 Memorial Museum. At TIDE, Barton will give a plenary talk "The Intersection of Space and Storytelling" and participate in the panel session "How Spaces Tell Stories: Interactivity and Engagement."
Healey Cypher, whose firm develops interactive retail experiences, will lead the plenary talk "The Future of Retail Technology." Barry Ross Rinehart, whose clients include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Discovery Communications, Disney and eBay, will lead the talk "Narrative Neuroscience: Crafting the Unforgettable."
Eric Grossman, who holds an MBA from Harvard University and whose company creates set designs and "brand activations" for such clients as Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, U2, Snapchat and the Oscars, will participate in a pair of panels, "How Stories Are Used in Business: Case Studies From Retail, Sports, Live Events, and Beyond" and "Storytelling ROI: Technology Case Study Panel."
Nevin Steinberg and Alexandre Simionescu, whose Float4 has created interactive installations for Cirque du Soleil, NBA Digital and Beats by Dre, will participate in a panel discussion "AV Content Creators: Co-Authoring Partnerships."
InfoComm International, the global trade association representing the commercial audiovisual industry, is proud to be the Presenting Sponsor of VMSD magazine’s 2017 International Retail Design Conference (IRDC), Sept. 5-8, in New Orleans, and the TECH Session Sponsor of Boutique Design magazine’s 2017 Boutique Design New York (BDNY) trade fair.