VMSD magazine is celebrating the best and brightest young designers in retail design with The VMSD Designer Dozen. In retail’s global, multi-channel and fast-paced market, it’s going to take more than business-as-usual to help propel the industry forward. This list of up-and-coming talent represents the ones introducing new strategies and concepts and impacting the shopping experience in the 21st century.
Nominations were accepted at the beginning of 2012 and reviewed by VMSD’s editors and Editorial Advisory Board. The 12 emerging stars recognized this year come from design firms and retail organizations across the country, including Luxottica, Macy’s, Marc Jacobs, Starbucks Coffee Co., Gensler, Interbrand Design Forum, FRCH Design Worldwide and more.
VMSD is proud to announce this year’s recipients:
• Leonard Barszap, Senior Designer/Project Manager, D-Ash Design
• Aaron Birney, Senior Associate, Gensler
• Nate Hermann, Senior Environmental Designer, Interbrand Design Forum
• Rachel Lanzafame, Designer, Bergmeyer Associates Inc.
• Jenine Monks, Retail Designer, Big Red Rooster
• Dusan Motolik, Associate, Avila Design Inc.
• Robyn Novak, Creative managing director, FRCH Design Worldwide
• Mary Lynn Penner, Senior Designer, Brand Communications, Chute Gerdeman
• Meredith Seeds, Design Manager, Luxottica
• Lauren Shaw, Retail Merchandising Manager, Marc by Marc Jacobs
• Lionel Sussman, Director Global Concept Design, Starbucks Coffee Co.
• Rachael Wright, Visual Manager, Macy’s
Profiles of The Designer Dozen will appear in VMSD’s March issue and the winners will be honored during The VMSD Designer Dozen Awards Bash, held March 1, 2012, at PURE Nightclub at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Bash sponsors include Alpha Display and Pattison Sign Group.
To order tickets to the Awards Bash, click here.