Located in the Flatiron District of NYC, Medallion Retail is an established boutique agency that plans, creates, produces and supports signage and displays for retailers and brands at retail. For over 50 years we have provided our clients with strategic, comprehensive, turn-key and customized programs that drive consumer engagement and retail sales. We now have an exciting opportunity for an Art Director with digital experience, to join our very talented Creative Services team.
Working directly with the Executive Creative Director, Project Management, Digital PrePress and New Business teams, the Art Director will be responsible for the creative development and execution of printed and digital retail assignments. They will produce original, on-target work that meets/exceeds all project objectives, delivering on-time and on budget. Meeting tight deadlines and nimbly navigating through shifting priorities has been a hallmark of our agency’s capabilities. Therefore the right candidate will need to be able to support the work at a pace and intensity our clients have come to expect from us.
- Contributing to and developing brand-building concepts that demonstrate innovation and creative problem solving skills for use in both print and web.
- Collaborating with the creative team to address the business needs. Supporting and influencing outcomes through strategic rationale.
- Partnering with Creative team to generate retail branded: graphics, signage, 2D/3D displays and environments.
- Develop and implement innovative visual communications and marketing programs for new and existing clients; translating strategic direction into creative recommendations.
- Maintain consistency via established style guides and brand standards.
- Quality control of all design work produced at relevant stages of design, ensuring 100% accuracy for all materials / work assigned prior to release.
- Prepare digital concepts as press ready files.
- Represent the agency and work through client presentations and in new business capability reviews / pitches.
Pre-requisite Experience/ Skills /Education
- Minimum of 7+ years experience working in a multi-disciplined retail firm or in-house brand-at-retail firm concentrating in: retail promotion, way finding, signage, display, web, and promotional materials.
- Proven track record of directing and managing internal design teams to generate on target and effective visual materials that exceed client expectations.
- Expert knowledge in PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat. Business professional knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point or Keynote. Working knowledge MS FileMaker and QuarkXPress.
- Bachelors Degree in retail and/or communication design, highly desired.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and intuitive ease in building and maintaining positive business relationships with all clients.
- Strong sketching capability to convey creative concepts.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task assignments and to work under time constraints to meet tight turn-around times and deadlines.
- Organically self-motivated. Effective whether working independently or as part of a team.
Interested and qualified candidates may submit their resumes with cover letter & salary expectations to : HR@medallionretail.com
This is an on-site opportunity. Candidates must be within a reasonable commute to NYC. Relocations will not be considered.
No Phone calls please. Candidates should also include a link to an on-line / digital portfolio.