This is more than a job posting for Baker Furniture and the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and ply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As Director - Visual Display, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge.
The Director-Visual Display has the primary responsibility for the implementation of design strategies, the maintenance of current displays and the creation of displays for new product for all showroom locations.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
· Reviews recommendations for revisions of interior architecture based on changing needs and conditions specific to each location.
· Evaluates new design concepts from outside sources and identifies opportunities for providing more effective product display.
· Ensures proper visitation and attention from designs to all locations.
· Assists in the creation of new visual design concepts for showroom locations with new product introductions, based on twice-yearly markets, in addition to promotional and seasonal changes of product, accessories and collateral.
· Works with designers to create and maintain showroom product displays based on a product assortment provided by the Merchandising Department.
· Works with accessory and textile buyers to develop a style statement for each particular time and product/group.
· Reviews and oversees the product ordering process for all showroom renovations, market additions and floor re-samplings.
· Oversees and participates in on-site installations as needed.
· Identifies design standards, and trains and develops these standards within the design team.
· Assists in creating the processes of execution of design strategies, and develops the tools necessary for implementation.
· Further develops the designers' knowledge of merchandising as well as design concepts.
· Develops the designers' working knowledge regarding the showroom installation process.
· Coordinates seminars at showroom locations to provide continuing education for designers and VDCs.
· Visits all showrooms at least once per year. Conducts an on-site review with designers, location manager and VDC, to reinforce identified standards.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
· Bachelor’s Degree in design, marketing, or a related field is required.
· 5 years of retail visual display management experience.
· Working knowledge of CAD
· Previous experience in the design field, particularly multiple locations.
· Knowledge and proven experience in visual merchandising.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
SKILL PREFERENCES – HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
· Proven visual experience and talent within the furniture or interior design industry.
· Ability to learn quickly and effectively operate in a fast-paced work environment.
· Successful at self organization and time management.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Baker and Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at http://www.kohler.com.
As Baker and Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you’re ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at kohler.jobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.