Designer – Account Development
OPTO is a fast-paced, constantly-growing retail store fixture manufacturing company selling to the retail industry. We believe in relentlessly communicating, both internally and to our customers, in an effort to constantly improve ourselves. We are obsessively focused on helping our clients be successful, which in turn makes us successful.
OPTO employs joined-up, responsive and adaptive people who work hard as a tight team. We have first-class marketing and a design-led customer sales interface focused on fully understanding and guiding each customer to be successful through the purchase of our product. The product itself is high-quality, customizable, durable, and built from inventory-based components. This gives us industry-leading speed and reliability in execution, which in turn gives our customers the confidence to make us business partners for years to come.
The Designers main responsibility is to provide creative and technical support to customer's merchandise and display needs. As a problem solver, their contribution to the design and sales process will provide potential and existing customers with the right product solution for defined project scope. This process will require the execution of several tasks and services listed below. Depending on level of opportunity, client type, and custom requirements other team members and or related departments may support the process. Scope of opportunities will vary. Designer must be able to manage multiply opportunities within defined timelines.
General Tasks & Services:
- Design Consultation
- Fixture & Layout Recommendation
- Merchandise & Display Consultation
- Style & Finish Recommendation
- Cost & Scheduling Estimation
- Detailed Project Proposals that include Presentation Drawings and detailed costing.
- Understanding of - Documentation , BOMs , & Assembly Detailing
- Some Order Entry
- Customer Service
- Utilize professional design skills to promote and secure sales of OPTO products and services;
- Maintain strong product line knowledge to match customer need with right solution;
- Exude positive attitude and enthusiasm for success and influence other with this attitude;
- Demonstrate willingness to continually learn about the Retail Store Industry as a whole to better understand and grow OPTO in that market place
- Understands what drives overall business and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Required Personal Skills
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments and managerial levels;
- Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment;
- Ability to quickly interpret customer need and effectively communicate appropriate design solutions back both verbal & written as needed;
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and still maintain a sharp eye for detail
- Demonstrate effective stress management & time management skills
Required Technical Skills
- Associate’s degree or higher in an arts or design field of study; Retail design is a plus;
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and rendering a must;
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and others a plus, but not required
- Spanish Speaking is a plus
- Please e-mail resume to email@example.com