Chico's FAS, Inc. through its brands -- Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma Intimates, and Boston Proper -- is a women's specialty retailer offering sophisticated, casual-to-dressy clothing, lingerie, and complementary accessories. Chico's FAS helps women look as great as they feel by delivering amazing personal service and by offering unique products, all within a warm and inviting boutique atmosphere. All or our brands share the same focus on creating lifelong relationships with customers, offering them high quality merchandise and amazing personal service.
Our Store Design group is working on several very exciting initiatives. In addition to the opening of 175+ stores anticipated in 2012, we are also working on a new store design concept for multiple brands. To support our significant growth and expansion, we have several new and exciting career opportunities in this area at the Designer and Manager levels. These are exciting times for us, and we are looking for great talent to join The Most Amazing Place to Work, Learn, and Grow.
The Designer, Store Planning is primarily responsible for designing and managing brand specific store layouts for each site from inception to completion. Partners with brand design managers to originate and develop store fixtures for all brands. Designs and implements new design concepts as required.
1. Designs store layouts and schemes based on project requirements, mall criteria, lease lines, egress, signage, energy requirements, and code issues relative to the design concept.
2. Provides guidance and expertise to outside architect firms, contractors and in-house entities regarding space, color, finish, and fixture expectations.
3. Develops internally created space layouts, ensuing maximum use of space and close adherence to store concepts including lighting layouts, backroom configuration, and manipulation of store fronts.
4. Enhances and adapts existing design guidelines as required to maintain a “fashion forward” look. Ensures that colors & finishes projects are within brand standards & expectations.
5. Approves and modifies architect’s suggested space layouts ensuring that construction documents are consistent with company design and meet architectural and quality standards.
6. Partners with Store Planning Team and Visual Merchants to modify fixture plans as defined (Purchasing, construction and project coordination).
7. Negotiates with landlords on brand issues and signage.
8. Makes presentations to local design review boards as required and produces material take-offs for each site. Presents designs to Design team to ensure consistency of the design concept.
9. Develops and presents storefront renderings, presentation drawings, material and finish boards to send to developers
10. Partners with VP, Store Planning for new projects such as fixture development, new materials and finishes, value engineering and any other special design project.
11. Researches new materials and partner with purchasing on new resources.
12. Performs administrative functions based on project needs.
1. Bachelors Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or Industrial Design from an FIDR approved institution or equivalent working experience.
2. 5+ years related experience working experience; retail experience preferred.
3. Architectural drafting skills and demonstrated space planning skills required. Model building skills preferred.
4. Strong AutoCAD, Photoshop and Illustrated skills preferred.
5. Ability to multi-task on multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.
6. Portfolio required.
If you would be interested in exploring opportunities with our incredible organization, please contact me at email@example.com or feel free to forward this message on within your retail network. You may also visit our career site at http://jobs.chicos.com.