From specialty retail to large-scale master planning, Callison applies holistic design to a diverse range of projects and markets around the world. We form collaborative relationships with top-tier brands and developers and provide expertise in areas such as sustainability, design technology, branding and real estate strategy. This empowers us to create environments that exceed business goals, inspire communities and provide emotional returns for users.
This is an entry level design staff member, typically with two to five years experience who will develop interior design concepts; prepare working drawings, interior plans and construction documents; research fixture, furniture and equipment options. This position may also assist in the development of design concepts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Develops interior design concepts; prepare specifications and color boards.
- Designs and draws interior plans, elevations, and details.
- Works with intermediate and senior level staff to review work for design integrity, accuracy, clarity and quality.
- Participates in conceptual design development activities, including making adaptations and modifications and assisting other designers in specific aspects of overall design.
- Researches materials, codes/specifications as they relate to planning solutions; recommend appropriate selections.
- Assists with coordination of fixture, furniture and equipment installation.
- Assists in space planning and programming activities.
- Documents information; maintains project records.
- Provides quality support and initiative to further overall business goals and objectives. Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Commits to learning about the field of architecture and design and incorporating the knowledge into day-to-day business practices.
- May act as client interface throughout the project is possible.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum two years of interior design or architecture experience.
- Intermediate CADD proficiency required.
- One year of experience working in a design firm or related experience.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision, PTO, transit subsidies, and a great location! Please click HERE to apply for this position.
**We are an EEO Employer who values workplace diversity.**