Are you one of those people that has a flair for coming up with innovative design solutions that have the wow factor?
Located in Denver Colorado, this dynamic and fun business is seeking a highly-experienced Designer, who will take the lead in managing the design, delivery and implementation of retail design concepts worldwide. This is a great opportunity for a versatile Designer with a broad skill set, who has a strong background in retail, industrial and/or exhibition design and a natural ability to generate trust through developing open and collaborative working relationships and delivering the highest quality solutions.
You will be passionate about what you do, with experience in retail activations and an understanding of managing the design process from client briefs, identifying and suggesting key activation requirements, researching, generating and developing ideas through renderings or illustrations, as well as presenting concepts. The key to success in this role will be your passion for brands and innovation, along with a can-do attitude.
What will you do each day?
- Create and develop designs that bring clients brands to life, from retail fixture designs to full store interiors across national and international single store and multi-store rollouts
- Create and develop concepts through to prototype and production from single standalone displays to parts that integrate with pre-existing systems and SiS schemes
- Attend client meetings and presentations (in conjunction with the business development team and Design Director)
- Take and develop effective client briefs, exploring and digging to reveal the true core of their needs and building trusted relationships
- Excite clients with your knowledge, solutions focus and design skills
- Ensure that design solutions meet the strategic, design, functional and budget criteria
- Plan and manage the entire design process for projects
- Lead and mentor junior designers
- Work closely with the project manager and production team to ensure that all information necessary for successful production is understood and followed
What you will need to bring to the table:
- Degree in interior/industrial design (or similar)
- Excellent design knowledge and experience with exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Great sketching and technical drawing abilities
- Solid understanding of various manufacturing techniques, building design, and ability to produce technical drawings for fabrication
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, results-oriented, hands-on and self-motivated
- Constantly up-to-date with current trends and design principles
- Software skills, preferably: SketchUp, Corel/Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of other software such as Solidworks, Auto-CAD and InDesign is advantageous
- Ability to work flexible hours and available to travel (we have offices in Australia and Taiwan who you will be your key internal stakeholders)
- A strong portfolio of work showing experience; with preference to retail and fixture/ product design
This role truly has it all! A thriving, open team, delivering outstanding designs, interfacing with a diverse range of global clients, mentoring junior designers as well as being involved with a host of captivating projects.
So, if you are ready to hit the ground running, please submit your applications via the apply now button or emailing email@example.com, including a 1 page covering letter detailing how you can proactively contribute to this role. You are also welcome to call Leanne on +61 424 944 904 or Alicia on +61 423 801 353 should you have any questions about this opportunity (taking note of the time difference). Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screen.