We are seeking a full-time Visual Merchandiser to join our team at Lewis J. Advertising to work with the marketing, customer experience and merchandise planners as a visual translator and in-store design lead. The Visual Merchandiser will report to the Customer Experience Director, and will work closely with the creative team and Art Director to create concepts, comps, layouts, and final art that best displays Shane Co.’s fine jewelry. He/she will establish a strong brand identity using our graphic standards, and work to maintain Shane Co.’s look and feel throughout our retail stores. The Visual Merchandiser will gather design requirements and assets, act as a coordinator between Merchandise and Marketing, manage timelines to ensure creative is delivered and approved on time, and achieve quality standards.
We are looking for a highly creative, multi-faceted designer with strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and problem solving skills who will develop, create concepts, comps, layout, and manage design, including:
- Maintaining a high level of design-related knowledge, including current trends, design theories, methods, processes and/or issues
- Assisting in concepts and mock-ups of all visual displays and POP
- Working with jewelry planners to ensure visual presentation supports category growth
- Facilitate ordering of trim for new displays and replenishment for stores
- Liaison between stores and suppliers; ensuring adequate communication so that trim is ordered on time and stores have proper knowledge of shipments
- Ordering all gift boxes in accordance with minimums and projected sales
- Maintaining working calendars and timelines to ensure timely and cost-effective rollouts
- Ensuring that all designs and specifications are proofed and approved to meet timelines and stay within budget
- Creating and amending planagrams specific to each retail store
- Providing quarterly sell-through analysis to team members and executive team, and making timely recommendations to continually improve results
- Four year degree in Marketing with emphasis on retail strongly preferred OR equivalent experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign in a basic Mac system/software a plus.
- Excel experience, with the ability to demonstrate product turn/sell-through for each product case
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment and as a team with all departments
- Ability to create and maintain excellent vendor relations
- Travel expectation - 10% - 20%