Posted May 12, 2014
Your best fit...ever!
Change your world by joining Road Runner Sports as a Visual Merchandiser for our retail division. You’ll feel the success as you drive sales and maximize profits while developing and planning visual merchandising design concepts, solutions and implementation plans for product and programs within our retail stores.
Embrace the rewards!
- Earn top dollar with a compensation package of over $55k per year!
- Training and development to be your personal BEST.
- Extensive benefits package, including medical, dental and 401k.
- Paid race entries.
- Employee discount pricing on all the best gear.
- And more!
- Required Skills
Some of the exciting tasks that you’ll enjoy on a daily basis are:
- Creating planograms and merchandising schematics for retail stores.
- Working with apparel, footwear, accessories, styling mannequins and hands on floor-sets.
- Concepting and designing in-store displays.
- Designing and developing visual merchandising presentations to support the product and the brand.
- Supporting marketing campaigns with in-store signage and placement communications.
- Collaborating with creative, marketing, merchants and store operations to ensure optimal profitability with the in-store experience and product placement.
- Communicating floor changes, planogram updates and approved Vendor POP through the Monthly Merchandise Planner.
- Regularly communicating with store teams via store visits, conference calls, phone calls and e-mails to ensure they’re supported in our goal of neat, clean, well-presented and consistent stores.
- Managing fixture inventory in all stores.
- Merchandise planning for all new store openings.
- And more!
- Required Experience
Get ready! You’ve got what it takes if you:
- Have a Bachelors degree from a 4 year college or university in Art, Design, Communication or a related field plus 5+ years of proven visual merchandising experience at a corporate level. Field experience in a high-end retail multi-store environment considered a plus; equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Have 2-3 years (minimum) experience in visual display, creating planograms, creating merchandising schematics, fashion merchandising and retail design.
- Are able and willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Are able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Have specific vision abilities such as close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus.
- Have the ability to read and understand floor plans and create fixture plans while having a strong awareness of current fashion and market trends.
- Have project management skills including measurement, reporting and financial analysis.
- Have the strong ability to sketch, communicate ideas & lead teams from concept through implementation.
- Are proficient in Word, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, and Outlook. CAD preferred, but not required.
Apply below to RUN with your career!