Working in conjunction with sales, product development, production, creative services and the customer, the Project Manager acts as the main point of contact for all projects and products for specific clients. The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated customers to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished to the customer’s satisfaction.
Specifically, the Project Manager is held accountable for managing new development projects through all stages including kick off, scheduling, internal and external reviews, specification documentation and release to production/customer service. The Project Manager will communicate project information both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an exceptional customer experience with our company as the main liason between usand the customer, using quick and clear communication and keeping their needs at the forefront of all interactions, internal and external.
- Work closely with sales, creative services, product development and purchasing to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and client deliverables.
Ensures that the project progresses on schedule and within budget. Specific tasks may include:
- Setting up and attending meetings to kick off and keep projects on track.
- Providing timely written recaps of meetings, customer conversations, project action plans, and timelines etc. to customer and management.
- Determining time frame, production timelines and deadlines for all involved
- Preparing project and status reports for management and customer. Maintaining reports regularly on all open projects
- Conferring with project personnel to provide technical advice and to flag and resolve problems before they occur.
- Receiving, interpreting and answering requests for new product development projects from customer. Sets up, and attends meetings to kickoff new projects with customers.
- Fully documenting all new products including spec sheets, photographs, notes, etc.
- Working with new product development to obtain accurate cost estimates of all newly developed items and present to management to establish retail pricing. Appropriate back-up documentation is required.
- Work with creative team, new product development and other internal teams to gather materials and presentations for new client development for sales representatives.
- Master the ERP system to independently garner all necessary information related to customer projects, orders, and required reports.
- Enter all orders, quotes and other pertinent information into ERP system.
- Participate in developing marketing materials and sales tools targeted at assigned accounts.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
The Project Manager reports to the Vice President of Project Management.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to act as the “voice of the customer”
- “Do what it takes” attitude and assertiveness
- Must be very detail oriented and able to juggle many projects simultaneously
- Proactive with follow-up and great sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to anticipate the needs of sales, product development and production
- Team player able to rally a group of independent personalities
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Firm understanding of product development, industrial design and manufacturing processes
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 5 years of successful track record in related required skills
- A Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university, or at least five years related practical experience
- The position requires travel approximately 10% of the time.
Work Environment/Physical Activities
- Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment: 70% sitting, 10% standing, 20% walking
- Ability to work at a computer for an extended time
- Material and equipment used: telephone, personal computer and printers, calculator, fax machine, copier, scanner.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org