Global Visual Merchandising Manager – Canton, MA
At Rockport, things are just a little bit different. A smaller brand of the larger adidas-Group, our retail environment is reflective of the American, urban chic design of our products. A design that creates a shopping experience for consumers around the world that delivers on the promise of our shoes…..to Do More, Be More, Live More. As the Global Visual Merchandising Manager, our mission of Do More, Be More, Live More will not only apply to the products we create for the metropolitan professional…. it will also apply to your career.
The successful candidate will drive Visual Merchandising execution globally, including developing, maintaining and implementing Global Visual Merchandising standards, concepts and tools. He or she will ensure execution of effective Visual Merchandising standards in-line with global standards across key international retail markets. You will also:
Collaborate with the Global Director of Retail Environments to define global Visual Merchandising standards and seasonal concepts
- Work with the Director to define the conceptual global store theme approach for the season for full price, shop in shop and outlet environments. Assist with the creation of the retail creative store theme brief into marketing including defining the seasonal floor set, store theme concepts and energy driver programs.
- Define the VM use for POP fixturing and videos, and lead the creation of additional in-store communication tools from concept and briefing to store activation.
- Help the Director define the global Rockport store experience in full price retail and outlet channels.
Lead the planning and implementation of Rockport’s seasonal Visual Merchandising calendar
- Define seasonal VM standards and seasonal retail VM calendar.
- Assist in the development of the global retail product ‘must buy’ range to support the retail store concepts.
Guide global markets to ensure successful seasonal visual merchandising execution
- Create global VM planograms to set standards for seasonal store set and store themes.
- Guide global markets in developing and activating the local marketing calendar.
- Maintain and support the implementation of Global VM standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- International Awareness: Ability to interact effectively with various backgrounds and cultures
- Creative: Strong sense of style
- Retail Acumen: Understanding of in-store marketing, communications, visual merchandizing and retail KPI’s.
- Design/Concept Development: Proven experience creating effective visual planograms and store communication elements (graphics, displays). Experience with InDesign or other design programs strongly preferred.
- Strategic and Organized: Very structured, ability to define and execute against clear guidelines and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least five (5) years of progressive experience in retail visual merchandising, with responsibility for creating and establishing visual guidelines, store communication elements, etc.
- Strategic thinker; able to translate a vision of a retail environment in keeping with the positioning of our brand
- Ability to influence retail partners, distributors, and subsidiaries globally. Will be influencing others without direct reporting relationships.
- International outlook or prior experience with a global brand.
- Ability to travel.
- Fluency in other languages in addition to English is a plus
- Proficient with InDesign, or comparable graphic software
Rockport offers a competitive compensation package, including an opportunity to earn more under our incentive program as well as a very generous benefit package, i.e. Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Delta Dental, a great 401(k) Match, onsite Fitness Center, a Starbucks, drop-off dry cleaning service and so much more. INTERESTED APPLICANTS should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply online at http://www.adidas-group.com/en/careers/jobs/career_adidasGroup.asp