Director of Visual Merchandising
Marshall Retail Group is the premier independently owned specialty retailer in the casino resort/ airport industry. MRG currently operates more than 110 locations throughout the United States. Our portfolio of stores include MGM Mirage, Harrah’s Entertainment, Boyd Gaming, and Planet Hollywood. Our portfolio of stores includes women’s, men’s and children’s fashion, shoe and accessory boutiques, logo apparel, souvenir, sundry shops, Swarovski and Harley Davidson stores.
We are currently looking for a Director of Visual Merchandising to oversee the visual integrity and consistency of our retail stores. Responsibilities include creating an exciting visual atmosphere that presents a clear representation of our merchandise and new store design, as well as the fixture and merchandise presentation. This individual must be able to communicate effectively the creative objectives of the projects through partnership with various internal departments. Qualified candidates must have experience in visual merchandising, new and remodeling store set up, plan-o-gram design and display, as well as the implementation of new store planning and remodeling store set ups and fixture design. This position reports to the VP Operations.
Responsibilities include the following areas:
- Implementation of visual merchandising standards in multi store locations.
- Training and development of visual staff and merchant staff within each store location.
- Order/Design fixtures and visual displays.
- Creates individual store plan-o-grams.
- Work closely with the buying team to create Merchandise and fixture layout for all new and remodeled stores
- Works will all departments in the development of each new store.
- Works directly with architects and oversees the architectural function and fixture design for all new stores.
- Integrates aesthetic requirements, operational functions, merchandise presentation and fixture functionality.
Skills & Background Required:
- AA or BA degree in a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in visual design preferably in a retail environment.
- Outstanding communication skills to work with all levels management.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff to execute a high level of visual presentation and merchandise standards.
- Experience in managing projects and setting priorities
- Ability to create, plan and execute visual standards for multi store locations.
- Must be able to coordinate merchandise and execute inter-department displays.
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis and multitask in a very fast paced environment.
- Must be able to create visual concepts per seasonal company directives.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, experience in CAD preferred
- Up to 15% travel required
Marshall Retail Group offers an excellent compensation and health benefits package, annual bonus plan, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation after 6 months and a generous employee discount program.
Resumes should be sent to HRScan@marshallretailgroup.com