The Visual Merchandising Specialist is responsible for presenting Johnston & Murphy products in retail store environments according to the J&M guidelines in order to maximize sales with guidance and direction from visual merchandise manager, marketing, merchandising and operations teams. This includes soliciting window display information, coordinating sample needs, display set-up, photography, and formulating communication documents regarding the visual display & floor-set process.
- Supports Visual Merchandising Manager in developing seasonal display plans, props and signs that will maximize sales with focus on key seasonal product in focal display areas of the store.
- Develops and maintains promotional and visual calendars while maintaining deadlines.
- Develops visual guidelines and training materials to educate store managers on proper visual displays.
- Determines need and negotiates pricing on vendor displays regarding fixture inventories and orders.
- Communicates and works directly with malls on barricade graphics and other display needs.
- Manages showroom display and maintains sample inventory.
- Communicates to the field any changes in presentation and promotions.
- Coordinates distribution lists for fixtures and seasonal sign packages.
- Handles requests for signs and fixtures from stores in a timely manner.
- Ensures that orders for display materials and supplies are selected and placed in a timely manner.
- Maintains invoice tracking with focus on maintaining budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Merchandising, Fashion Merchandising or Interior Design preferred
- 2-5 years of retail visual merchandising experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Strong creative visual merchandising skills focused on apparel
- Photography experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work independently while still working within a team environment
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, fixtures, etc) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Must be able to work with tools in order to execute display set ups
- Up to 25% travel required
Please go to www.genesco.com to apply directly. Click on the careers tab and look under Johnston & Murphy Corporate job opportunities.