AVIXA, the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association, is pleased to announce the 2021 leadership of the association’s councils and committees, which guide the planning and development of membership policies and education training programs.
The AVIXA Board of Directors has appointed Justin Frick of AV Chicago as chairperson of the Live Events Council, Vince Shuster of MediaStar Systems as the chairperson for the Manufacturers Council, Kevin McLoughlin from The Royal Society of Medicine as the Membership Committee chairperson, and Gregory Rushton of Mulvey & Banani AV Inc. as co-chair the Young AV Council.
“AVIXA’s councils and committees are made up of dedicated individuals from different facets of the industry who work together to build a stronger AV community,” said Lee Dodson, Vice President of Global Industry Engagement, AVIXA. “We’re thrilled to welcome our new leadership members who will bring their unique talents and perspectives to these roles to guide important industry initiatives.”
A complete listing of the 2021 AVIXA Council and Committee leadership appears below:
- Consultants Council: Joseph D’Angelo, D’Angelo & Associates, and Peter Hunt, Hewshott International
- Diversity Council: Charmaine Torruella, Verrex
- Independent Technical Service Council: Mark DelGuidice, Atlantis
- Live Events Council: Justin Frick, AV Chicago
- Manufacturers Council: Vince Shuster, MediaStar Systems
- Membership Committee: Kevin McLoughlin, The Royal Society of Medicine
- Systems Integrators Council: George V. Fournier, Jr., AV Design Engineer
- Technology Managers Council: Michael Pederson, Iowa State University
- Women’s Council: Brandy Alvarado, Business Development Manager
- Young AV Council: Gregory Rushton, Mulvey & Banani AV Inc. and Matt Eckstein, AE Design, Inc.
AVIXA thanks outgoing council and committee leadership members: Scott Norder, RGB Spectrum, of the Manufacturers Council; John Leposa, Encore, of the Live Events Council; Randy Riebe, Yamaha Corporation, of the Membership Committee; and Christopher Hewitt, University of Guelph, of the Young AV Council.
For more information about AVIXA’s councils and committees, visit www.avixa.org/about-avixa/membership/committees-councils.
AVIXA® is the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association, producer of InfoComm trade shows around the world, co-owner of Integrated Systems Europe, and the international trade association representing the audiovisual industry. Established in 1939, AVIXA has more than 20,000 enterprise and individual members, including manufacturers, systems integrators, dealers and distributors, consultants, programmers, live events companies, technology managers, content producers, and multimedia professionals from more than 80 countries. AVIXA members create integrated AV experiences that deliver outcomes for end users. AVIXA is a hub for professional collaboration, information, and community, and is the leading resource for AV standards, certification, training, market intelligence, and thought leadership. Visit avixa.org.