VMSD magazine, and parent company ST Media Group, are celebrating the best and brightest young designers in retail design with the fourth annual VMSD Designer Dozen. The 12 emerging stars recognized this year come from design firms and retail organizations across the country, including Gensler, Callison, McDonald's, Fitch, FRCH and more.
VMSD editor-in-chief, Patricia Sheehan, acknowledges the significance of these designers and their contributions. She states, “In retail’s global, multichannel and fast-paced market, it’s going to take more than business-as-usual to help propel the industry forward. This list of up-and-coming talent represents the ones introducing new strategies and concepts and impacting the shopping experience in the 21st Century.”
VMSD’s 2015 Designer Dozen award recipients are:
- Andrea Buccasso, Senior 3-D Designer, Fitch
- Elizabeth Rinaldi, Project Designer – Retail, McDonald’s
- Garrett Thompson, Creative Director, Richardson Design
- Jeany Kim, Associate Principal – Senior Interior Designer, Callison
- Katie Jakubek, Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager, Starrdesign
- Leslie Ann Chiu, Associate Principal – Interior Designer, Callison
- Manon Foucraut, Retail Designer, Restore
- Mat Gurda, Senior Designer, WD Partners
- Matthew Calkins, Environmental Graphic Designer, Gensler
- Megan Stone, Owner, The High Road Design Studio
- Mike Ruehlman, Associate Director Graphic Design, FRCH Design Worldwide
- Molly Lawenda, Architectural Designer, Dash Design
Profiles of the Designer Dozen will appear in VMSD’s April issue and the winners will be celebrated at a social event in their honor to be held during GlobalShop in Las Vegas in March.
To read about last year's Designer Dozen winners, click here.
Interested in nominating or becoming a Designer Dozen? Submissions for 2016 will open late December 2015/early January 2016. For questions, please contact associate editor Carly Hagedon.