What would it be like to be a Project Director at GH+A?
As a Project Director, you would work in collaboration with our Project Directors, Partners and Executive Studio Director on some of the most challenging, innovative and award-winning shopping centre design projects including planning and programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development and project coordination. You would act as the primary liaison with the client, lead presentations and maintain effective communication. In addition to ensuring effective and profitable project management, you would also manage a team of creative interior designers and encourage a positive and stimulating work environment.
You’re interested but you would like to know about the role and responsibilities?
Here are some of them!
- Responsible for the creative direction and the design of large retail development projects
- Lead shopping centre design projects that include planning and programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development and project coordination
- Act as primary liaison with clients and external consulting firms involved in the projects and maintain effective communication with all parties
- Manage profitability: ensure that all data and information (mandates, hours, deadlines, client and partner requests, etc) is accessible and utilized to promote efficiency and profitability
- Supervise standards and quality of work so personal and team contributions meets or exceeds GH+A standards
- Establish budgets and achievable schedules and track the accuracy of the costs and deadlines from the inception of the project to completion
- Organize and plan workload and sets studio priorities to meet project deadlines
- Build, develop and grow relationships vital to the success of the project as well as for the development of the business
- Participate in staff hiring and management of the team
- Supervise and mentor a team of senior, intermediate and junior designers
- Provide a stimulating and positive working team environment
*Domestic and international traveling is required
What are our ‘’must-haves’’ for this position?
Education and Experience
- Graduate from a minimum 3 year design program (interior, environmental, industrial, graphic or architectural)
- 10 years of proven experience in the retail, design or architecture industry or a related creative field
- 2 years of experience with project management roles with increasing responsibility, preferably in commercial real estate development, design or architecture firms.
- Ability to multitask while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong management, negotiating, communication and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of the retail industry
- Computer skills, proficiency in CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Office suite
- Bilingual - written and oral
- Natural leader
- Positive and professional
- Excellent communicator
- Team oriented
So what does GH+A stand for?
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America’s leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we’re adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.
The quality of our work speaks for itself; we have won so many awards that we’re looking for extra space to keep them all!
Why should you join GH+A?
We are passionate about design, lavishly creative, energetic, ambitious and talented. Our hard work and talent has been combined to create beautiful offices with a modern loft inspiration, complemented by luminous lighting and warm greetings. The downtown location of both our Montreal and Detroit offices makes them easily accessible.
We offer competitive salary rates, group insurance, profit sharing and above all, a work environment that guarantees quality work, an engaging and social environment, talented colleagues and lastly, a place of fun!
Imagine the possibilities!
Send your CV and portfolio to Suzanne at email@example.com