Instructor, Graphic Design
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08503
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Ave.
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: 2014-2015 salary range - $50,374/yr to $87,351/yr. Initial Salary Placement up to Step 3 ($53,965) will be based on related experience, per PCC's collective bargaining agreement. **2015/2016 salary
Job Close Date: Apply by Nov 20, 2015 for best consideration
Are you well-versed in the joys and pains of developing creatively successful visual solutions for demanding clients?Consider preparing students for a professional career in the graphic design field by imparting your knowledge and skills as an instructor in Portland Community College's Graphic Design Program!
Portland Community College achieves educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity. Through leadership, staff, student body, educational programs and business opportunities that serve the community, it acts as a model for others to follow.
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
PCC Faculty Responsibilities/Duties:
- Instruct students using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
- Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
- Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
- Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
- Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
- BA, BFA, or BS in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or Graphic Art, plus four years recent (within the last ten years), full time, professional experience in the field of Graphic Design. OR
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Illustration, Digital Art, or Digital Graphics), plus 30 quarter hours upper division course work in Graphic Design, plus 4 years recent (within the last ten years), full time, professional experience in the field of Graphic Design. OR
- AAS degree in Graphic Design or professional education plus 5 years recent (within the last ten years), full time, professional experience in the field of Graphic Design.
Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working in a collaborative work environment
- Proficiency in current industry standard software in the following:
- Experience formatting text for communication materials in Adobe InDesign
- Experience developing vector graphics for print in Adobe Illustrator
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must:
1) Complete the online application
- Be sure to include complete employment history
2) Attach* Cover Letter
- In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and preferred qualifications).
3) Attach* Current Resume/Vita
4) Attach* Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees). Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
5) Attach* responses to the required essay questions. (Scroll down to view the required questions)
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2016 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Application Review Process:
1) Once the "deadline or best consideration date" has passed, an initial screening will be conducted.
2) If you are selected by the committee for further consideration you may be asked to submit written responses to a set of essay questions. You may have as little as one week to provide the required information.
3) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
4) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
Additional Posting Information:
- This is a full time (1.0 FTE) probationary faculty position commencing September 2016. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments. Opening Subject To Budget Considerations And Approval.
More information is available at: http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/694107
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Instructor, Graphic Design