We are currently looking to hire an Interior Designer to help take H-E-B to the next level.
Join an award-winning and celebrated team who’s collective experience includes Pentagram, Siegel & Gale, Comedy Central, McGarrah-Jessee, S.O.M., and The Richards Group/RBMM. Our headquarters is located on the scenic River Walk in historic San Antonio, TX, the 7th largest city in the US, and the 3rd largest in Texas. A destination for both people and businesses, San Antonio is a "best places to live" city located near the beautiful Texas hill country, and a short distance away from the live music capital of the world, Austin, Texas.
Working alongside our highly collaborative team of graphic, architectural, and interior designers, you will develop and produce H-E-B’s next generation of thoughtful retail environments and spatial solutions. These solutions will be used in concept stores, unique retail spaces, fuel stations, in-store restaurants, convenience stores, and much, much more.
Essential Functions/Process Responsibilities include, but are not limited too, the following:
- Responsible for creating design solutions and concepts that support the brand needs of H-E-B relative to the development of all retail business environments
- Development of design concepts that extend, and support H-E-B’s overall brand
- Researches and brainstorms for best ideas and solutions individually or with a team
- Applies feedback and learning from previous projects
- Produces aesthetic and functional design solutions w/ minimal guidance – space planning, fixture development, and finishes.
- Can process, understand, and apply new business concepts and logic to design solutions
- Prepares design presentation materials as well as documentation for hand-off to consultants
- Manages and/or coordinates multiple projects with all associated teams for execution, such as architects, graphic designers, engineers, vendors, etc
- Provides on-site store surveys as required for work scope definition and programming
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 5 yrs retail experience and NCIDQ Certification preferred, TBAE license a plus
- Computer skills preferred include Windows applications, MS Suite, CAD, Sketch Up, Revit, Adobe CS (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of construction documents, building systems, HVAC, and construction methods
- Understanding of Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS), American Disabilities Act (ADA). Building and health code knowledge a plus
- Good written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Self-managed and self-motivated
- Ability to self-critique own work
- Ability to work in various styles