Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, Prana and even the SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer to their passions.
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong. If you’re already reaching for your resume – good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Company today.
The 3D/Environmental Designer sits within the Creative Services team and is responsible for the concept and execution of Environmental design needs for Columbia Sportswear which may include support for Columbia Sportswear Company’s portfolio of brands.
- Strategize and collaborate with a team of designers, marketers, and project managers, to create compelling branded environments for retail supporting owned retail as well as wholesale account needs, tradeshow and other internal projects.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and partner with Designers in the creation of new concepts. The ideal candidate must be able to take direction and be flexible through change in strategy/creative direction while keeping a healthy morale.
- Ability to meet aggressive and ambitious timelines, with a firm understanding of marketing principles and best practices, what is happening in the marketplace and copy trends.
- An ability to think strategically and conceptually.
- Work well on a team, building strong relationships with cross-functional partners (Design, Visual, Merchandising, Store Operations, etc.), educating and advocating for the internal creative process. S/he should have the ability to take initiative and effectively manage her or his own time.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project experience in some or all of the following: Commercial Interior design, Retail Design, Trade show and other branded environments design.
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team and clients.
- Ability to direct junior designers and work with a team to realize a vision.
- Strong communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Strong rendering skills a must.
- Experience detailing and preparing construction/fabrication documentation.
- Experience with material specification and procurement.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficiency in 3d rendering tools such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Revit. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and other related graphic design software is a plus.
Please include a link to your portfolio or upload some sample files.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .
Apply Online at: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=COLUMBIA&...