Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, Montrail and even the SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer to their passions.
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong. If you’re already reaching for your resume – good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Company today.
The Graphic Designer III is under the direction / supervision of the Global Brand Design Manager or Global Brand Design Director. The expectation of this role is to concept, design, and project manage marketing and communication materials for internal and external Columbia Sportswear and SOREL Marketing clients.
The Graphic Designer III is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for crafting highly conceptual ideas that align with brand guidelines.
- Apply exceptional design skills for two dimensional, three dimensional, and digital applications.
- Communicate and present design concepts for client approval to internal and external departments.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and handle pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to adhere to a high standard of quality while meeting deadlines.
- Provide direct support for team members as needed and back-up support to Graphic Design Manager, Creative Director, Creative Services Manager, Graphic Designers and Production Artists as needed .
- The Graphic Designer III provides innovative ideas and design solutions for 2d and 3d design projects including graphics and/or environments.
- Communicate and present design concepts to a team leader.
- Develop multiple ideas/solutions on a per project basis.
- Responsible for the creation of presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts that support or enhance brand guidelines. Work includes, but not limited to, design of the following: Catalogs, PowerPoint Presentations, Hangtags, Packaging, POP, Retail Signage, Advertising, Promotional Events, Environmental Signage, Tradeshows.
- Possess thorough knowledge of the Graphic Design process and the procedures associated with completing the process. Demonstrate a solid understanding of industry and market requirements; design appropriate graphics for target consumers and retailers that result in sales growth for the company.
- Must have excellent understanding of print production and the printing process.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize projects, and superior attention to detail. Possess basic hands-on graphic skills such as drawing, cutting, measuring, along with excellent page layout and typography skills and ability to demonstrate skill in drawing and illustrating concepts. Must have excellent eyesight free from any color impairment.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity, problem solving, job knowledge, and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with the ability to lead by example and inspire team members. Interact with co-workers in a professional manner that supports the department and promotes a positive work environment. Communicate clearly with staff, management, vendors, customer, and clients this includes adapting to be effective with a multitude of personalities and circumstances. Act as a resource for established procedures and take a proactive approach in meeting deadlines and in understanding job requirements.
- Must have five to eight years of experience as a Graphics Designer working with Macintosh based graphic art programs in progressively responsible roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, related field OR experience equivalent to a degree.
- Must have excellent Macintosh computer skills including expert level knowledge in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Retail experience preferred
- Environmental Design a plus
- Exposure to the outdoor and or fashion industry or related work preferred.
Please include a link to your portfolio or attach some work samples.
If you’re the type of person that likes to work hard, play hard and do it as part of a hard-working team, then this could be the opportunity for you! We make products that stand the test of time, and we want you to do that with us!
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .
Apply Online at: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=COLUMBIA&...