Responsible for the management of both Capital and Expense Projects from inception through to execution. Ensure proper and consistent communication to the field as well as coordinating the efforts of a cross functional team in the preparation and communication of the projects.
- Coordinate the efforts of information gathering at the inception of the Project(s)
- Convene a cross functional team that will develop the plan for the Project(s) and Merchandising Resets to be executed at the store level.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain the Capital Budgeting programs to support the Store Planning projects.
- Develop the necessary communication and tracking information to ensure proper execution.
- Gather the information necessary to develop a comprehensive review upon completion on each Project to determine if the Project met the criteria established at the onset, as well as for future project improvement.
- Assist with the development of Fixture Orders for New / Remodel Stores and Capital / Expense Projects by analyzing the data provided and initiating the procurement process through sourcing, quoting, and requisitions.
- Work closely with members of the Asset Protection, Merchandise Presentation, Operations, and Visual Departments to develop vendor displays and dioramas that will meet the established guidelines of the company.
- Maintain the Store Planning Profile Database with current information based on program requirement changes in the store portfolio.
- Coordinate the Store Planning Department web-based informational services to include SharePoint sites, Store-accessible Intranet sites, and other databases.
Work closely with members from the Design Team on developing new and innovative fixtures and concepts for implementation across the chain.
- Strong organizational, leadership, communication, problem-solving, guest service, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must successfully balance long term and short term projects
- Computer efficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Project, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
Education and Experience:
- College Degree Required (Design or Architecture Preferred)
- Retail Store Design (Big Box) Experience Preferred – Minimum of four years experience
- Retail Store Operations Experience beneficial
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE AT: http://toysrus.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=218666&lang=en&sns_id=mailto