From specialty retail to large-scale master planning, Callison applies holistic design to a diverse range of projects and markets around the world. We form collaborative relationships with top-tier brands and developers and provide expertise in areas such as sustainability, design technology, branding and real estate strategy. This empowers us to create environments that exceed business goals, inspire communities and provide emotional returns for users.
Callison is currently seeking a Senior Architectural Designer. This is an experienced project designer with responsibility for initiating design concepts and leading design development for one or more large or complex projects, in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines program requirements and establishes design parameters based on client requirements and working with project architect and project manager.
- Creates and develops overall design concepts; formulates design presentation strategies and makes presentations.
- Manages design process for entire project; lead/directs the work of other designers and technical staff.
- Manages design team members during the implementation of design to ensure clarity and quality of concept is maintained through detail level.
- Monitors project budget and schedule related to design team efforts.
- Manages client interaction and decision making related to design.
- May participate in business development activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field.
- Architectural license desirable.
- Minimum 12 years experience as an architectural project designer.
- Previous supervisory and personnel management desired.
- Advanced graphic and verbal presentation skills, including hand sketching.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined. Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Frequent domestic or international travel may be required.
Callison offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401(k), free ORCA transportation pass, free gym access in our building, and a great downtown location (5th and Union) are just some of our benefits.