Callison is seeking a Senior Retail Designer for our Global Retail Studio. This is an experienced
Senior Project Designer with responsibility for initiating design concepts and leading design
development for one or more large or complex projects, in a manner consistent with firm-wide
standards for project delivery. Individual will have direct interaction with fortunate 300 high-end
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Defines program requirements and establishes design parameters based on client requirements and working with project architect, Interior designers and project manager.
- Creates and develops overall design concepts; formulates design presentation strategies and makes presentations.
- Manages design process for entire project; lead/directs the work of other designers and technical staff.
- Manages design team members during the implementation of design to ensure clarity and quality of concept is maintained through detail level.
- Monitors project budget and schedule related to design team efforts.
- Manages client interaction and decision making related to design.
- May participate in business development activities.
Successful candidates will have:
- Requires Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field.
- Architectural license desirable.
- Minimum 12 years experience as Retail project designer or related experience.
- Previous supervisory and personnel management desired.
- Advanced graphic and verbal presentation skills, including hand sketching.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, PTO, transit subsidies, and a great location in downtown Seattle! Please email your resume, sample portfolio, and salary requirements to Employment@callison.com. To view a complete job description, visit us at Callison.com/careers.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer who values workplace diversity.