POSITION: Visual Merchandising Manager – Store Planning, Fixture Design, Space Planning
REPORTS TO: VP Visual Communications & Visual Merchandising
Responsible for store & space planning including the development of store fixture design to support the merchandising programs and corporate initiatives. This will start as a 12-month assignment in our corporate headquarters in Chapel Hill, NC with the potential for extension based on the business need.
• Create initial store layout & block plan, including preliminary merchandise plans.
• Create scope pricing as required to determine preliminary project price estimates.
• Interact with merchandising & operations to gain necessary approvals.
• Coordinate with internal team or outside architect for preparation of comprehensive construction documents.
• Site visits, facilitate installation of key programs, creation of punch lists as required.
• Assist team in the development of scope and block plans, for all assigned projects.
• Monitor and issue meeting conference reports and follow up on required action items.
• Work closely with a cross-functional group from numerous departments to include Merchandising, Operations, IT, and Real Estate & Construction among others to create comprehensive fixture designs that satisfy the needs of all departments.
• Creation of “design intent” drawings to be used in the sourcing of new fixture systems and displays for use in existing stores, as well as for new and remodel store programs.
• Creation of three dimensional renderings of proposed new projects to assist with the comprehension and approval of future projects.
• Source manufacturing of new projects once the design has been finalized.
• Budget new programs determining the need & quantity information to create a comprehensive cost forecast for each respective program.
• Negotiate with prospective manufacturers regarding sample design costs, tooling, and timing.
• Review all samples with the vendor’s representatives to ensure that all specifications have been properly followed and are approved for production.
• Create purchase orders to support the procurement process.
• Support store execution with the creation of detailed installation guides as needed to help ensure flawless execution.
• Track all production to ensure that each project is delivered on time and within the specified budget.
• Manage fixture inventory & fixture reference guide.
• Create merchandise presentation documents including but not limited to program manifests, merchandise flow guides and versioned merchandise plan-o-guides that incorporate our merchandise standards and our inventory management goals.
• Develop, revise and maintain merchandise presentation documents for specific product categories.
• Requires BA or BS degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design or Architecture with 3 to 5 years retail store planning or related experience.
• Retail store fixture design & store planning experience required.
• Strong organizational, leadership, communication, problem-solving, customer service, and time management skills.
• Computer efficiency is required in AutoCAD, Photo Shop, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Intactix, JDA or similar Space Planning Software.
• Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must successfully balance long term and short term projects.
• Occasional travel required for store installations.
This is a great opportunity assignment in the cycling industry!
Performance is looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to join America’s #1 retailer of bicycles, parts, and accessories. If you are interested in joining the best, then take a moment to apply by:
• Emailing your resume to email@example.com or
• logging on to www.Performancebike.com , go to the ‘Job Opportunities’ page, print out an application form, complete the application form and fax it to Human Resources at 919-942-5431.