American Girl, Washington DC is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Visual Merchandising Manager.
- Manage retail merchandising and visual standards to American Girl retail standards.
- Determine and implement needed visual and merchandising changes based on business needs.
- Consistently maintain visual display standards.
- Partner with corporate visual to support execution and planning of new product initiatives and launches.
- Act as manager on duty, overseeing total store during business hours as needed.
- Hire, train, and develop employees. Coach and motivate the department staff to expected performance standards.
- Execute all job functions in accordance with established American Girl processes and policies.
- Bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising/retail/business management or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 year’s experience in a retail sales and service driven environment.
- Strong customer service background required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed computer skills essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Work schedule requires evening and weekend work.
We offer a fun, dynamic and creative environment with a competitive wage, medical, dental, vision, vacation and 401(k) plans.
American Girl is an equal opportunity employer, EEO/AA M/F/V/D; Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. American Girl is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel Inc.