Position: Visual Merchandising Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Visual Merchandising Manager
Founded in 2002, Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) is a rapidly growing specialty value retailer offering a broad range of trend-right, high-quality merchandise targeted at the teen and pre-teen customer. Five Below offers a dynamic, edited assortment of exciting products, all priced at $5 and below, including select brands and licensed merchandise across a number of category worlds: Style, Room, Sports, Media, Crafts, Party, Candy and Seasonal (which we refer to as "Now"). Five Below’s dynamic assortment of merchandise includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body, candy, snacks and beverages, room décor, stationery and school supplies, books, cell/tablet accessories, novelty and “gag” items, and seasonal items. Five Below believes it is transforming the shopping experience of its target demographic with a unique merchandising strategy and high-energy retail concept that their customers consider fun and exciting.
Five Below has reinvented the traditional five-and-dime for today's younger generation, and has launched a new retail category. At Five Below, "Whatever You Got Will Buy A Lot."
As of 2012, Five Below exceeded $400 Million in sales and operated 244 stores in 18 states. They are planning to open approximately 60 new stores by the end of 2013, as they are experiencing tremendous success and growth. Their corporate offices are based in Center City Philadelphia.
Five Below was founded by David Schlessinger, creator and founder of Encore Books and Zany Brainy along with Tom Vellios, former CEO of Zany Brainy, and current CEO of Five Below.
- 1-3 years of experience of executing and presenting visual merchandising concepts within a fast-paced retail environment.
- Understanding of in-store product positioning strategies.
- Strong Communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills; able to present a clear point of view.
- Strong project management skills - able to plan, prioritize, organize and delegate work effectively.
- Proven strength in retail data analysis, problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- Associate or Bachelor degree (concentration in Marketing, Fashion Merchandising or Design is a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Publisher. Auto-Cad, a plus.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising Director and Manager to develop and execute concepts and positioning for retail product launches/tests
- Work closely with merchants to understand product collections and sub-categories; translate design and merchant strategies into clear creative concepts and product launches.
- Apply project management skills to complete relevant tasks such as updating weekly visual merchandising direction, organizing/communicating New Store visual plans and weekly reporting
- Assist in the development and maintenance of store modeling and space management analytics
- Work directly with home office and field leadership to identify opportunities, gain client/associate feedback, and apply learning’s to achieve optimal execution and selling success.
- Position is primarily in the Home Office but requires some travel for Visual Sets and New Store Openings
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume to email@example.com to apply