Holiday Foliage in San Diego, CA, a leading company in the Visual Merchandising industry, is seeking a highly-experienced Visual Merchandising Lead Designer, who will take the lead in managing the design, delivery and implementation of retail design concepts. This is a great opportunity for a versatile Designer with a broad skill set, who has a strong background in retail, Visual Merchandising, design and florals.
MUST HAVE 10 YEARS LEADERSHIP VISUAL MERCHANDISING DESIGN EXPERIENCE
Candidates should be passionate about what you do, with experience in retail activations and an understanding of managing the design process from client design inspirations, identifying and suggesting key activation requirements, researching, generating and developing ideas through renderings or illustrations, as well as presenting concepts.
What will your job entail on a daily basis?
- Create and develop designs that bring clients concepts to life, from floral and decorative, to Holiday, to retail fixture designs.
- Create and develop concepts through to prototype and production.
- Excite clients with your knowledge, solutions focus and design skills.
- Ensure that design solutions meet the strategic, design, and budget criteria.
- Plan and manage the entire design process for projects.
- Lead and mentor junior designers.
- Work closely with team members to ensure that all information necessary for successful production is understood and followed.
- Work on designs for seasonal, annual catalog lines, developing concepts from conception to photography for catalogs, to Visual Merchandising shows.
What you should bring to the position:
- Senior Visual Merchandising design experience.
- Excellent design knowledge and experience with exceptional attention to detail.
- Sketching and technical drawing abilities.
- Solid understanding of various manufacturing techniques, building design, and ability to produce technical drawings for fabrication.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive, results-oriented, hands-on and self-motivated.
- Constantly up-to-date with current trends and design principles.
- Software skills: SketchUp, Auto-CAD, Photoshop/Illustrator, InDesign, MS Office Suite, etc.
- A strong portfolio of work showing experience; with preference to retail, visual merchandising and fixture design
A great opportunity for a creative person to show their design capabilities. Working with a strong team, delivering outstanding designs, interfacing with a diverse range of global clients, mentoring junior designers as well as being involved with a host of exciting projects.
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your resume and or portfolio. Please submit to Kristinev@holidayfoliage.com and firstname.lastname@example.org