MoneyGram is an international, high-performance money transfer company, located in 200 countries and territories. We are committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
The Vice President of Visual Merchandising is responsible for building all global Merchandising programs and activities for MoneyGram owned stores, including self-service kiosks. This position is located in our Dallas, TX corporate headquarters and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Optimize the overall customer’s experience (and stores’ revenue) by identifying the right store fixtures and complementary product and service offerings
- S/he is responsible for partnering with the global Marketing leaders to build our brand by interpreting the creative vision into short, mid and long term visual merchandising strategies; driving our overall brand and commercial strategies while considering unique global market and customer needs
- Working in conjunction with regional sales teams to determine the right sites for new and existing stores using location analysis tools available that include: Traffic patterns, demographic & lifestyle data and competitive analysis
- Analyze and understand how data and business results relate to retail Merchandising including the thorough understanding of consumer insights, consumer analytics and competitive landscape dynamics
- Help create and foster a robust merchandising culture amongst MoneyGram’s sales and marketing teams. Everything we do must have a clear call to action that generates directly or indirectly incremental revenue
- Identify opportunities to leverage our own stores and kiosks to provide consumer education regarding consumer fraud
- Ensure adherence to the product development timeline, including the ongoing review and edit of the line to stay on track with the strategic priorities
- Partner and facilitate between Marketing & the Business Units to develop and implement strategies to maximize sales growth and profitability, while keeping in line with the brand vision. Drive these decisions and strategies to ensure achievement of sales plans/forecast.
- With a strong understanding of the competitive landscape, have a keen eye for trends across competitors, markets and consumer segments and use that knowledge to identify opportunities for growth and brand development in today’s global marketplace
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years experience with a proven record of working in global roles at a top retailer that excels in retail merchandising strategies and execution
- Strong product sense; proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with business partners to conceive concepts that drive commercially successful collections. A merchant who can build brands based on product sensibility combined with an analytical and strategic mind, and a keen understanding for what makes a business profitable
- Strong customer orientation and commercial drive
- Solid understanding of costing and margin. Ability to take analysis to insight and insight to commercial ideas
- Acute understanding of the marketplace and consumer preferences
- Strong analytical and financial skills with experience partnering or leading buying and planning teams
- Merchandising. Possess expert knowledge and key understanding of the fundamentals of retail merchandising and how it relates to business performance and customer experience
- Interpersonal Skills - Build strong partnerships and communication with key cross functional team members. Demonstrate the ability to work with and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Communication skills - Being able to convey information to people clearly and simply, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical Skills - The ability to visualize, gather information, articulate, analyze, solve complex problems, and make decisions
- Creative Thinking - Be open to ideas when they are still new: look for ways of making things work and pushing the idea to its limits
- Multicultural Awareness - Understanding that MoneyGram customers are a conglomeration of ethnicities, cultures, and languages with many commonalities but with distinct differences and nuances
To learn more about MoneyGram and apply for this position, please go to: